Pages

Like s&y on Facebook

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Play time photoshoot on the farm - Georgetown, Ontario

Capturing families playing always makes for excellent photos.  Piggy back rides, exploring new spaces and textures and even a little bit of dress up and pretend play made this session show off the essence of this family.  This family is very special to me. I first photographed them as a gift to them, and that was a turning point that made me think that I might want to have a photography business one day.  Ely's warmth and generosity gave me the first bit of confidence I needed to start this very scary (at the time) venture into business.  It was so great to have them back again and to document their family.

"I hope you know how talented you are! You were not only patient with us, you were kind and really helped bring out the best in our pictures even though both kids were having a tough time." -Ely

I received the above message from the mother in this portrait.  It is very common that we feel a lot of pressure leading up to and even during a family portrait. Taking the time and making an investment in family portraiture can be daunting.  Why is it our husbands are always so reluctant!?!  Sometimes it can feel like, as the mom, we are the ones pulling the whole day together trying to keep every one ship shape and best behavior so we can capture perfect moments in time.  I can tell you to relax and not to worry, but I know that would be pointless.  I know because I myself was staring at a blemish on my son's face this morning as I sent him off to school photo day, literally trying to wish it away, so that it would not be forever documented on his very first school photo ever.  I was getting totally melodramatic over this ill timed little pimple, cursing it under my breath. We are moms we can't help it.

However, I can help you to worry less.  If you just show up I can manage the rest, I will polish your images and create genuine opportunities for your family to just be your selves.  I am not phased by temper tantrums or a huge case of the wiggles.  I have never once had a child who I thought to be uncooperative (especially not yours Ely!).  It all comes down to the fact that if the kids are not meeting my expectations I adapt my style to meet them where they are comfortable.  I am the professional here after all!  I specialize in photographing what some would consider difficult or unique families, none more difficult then my very own darling daughter.  I guess you could say that I studied photography in the school of hard knocks!  I always find your children immensely easier then my own.  I suspect part of that is the very specific special needs she has but also because our own kids either listen to us less or know how to get under our skin more.  LOL.  

Looking forward to many more great family holiday images in the coming weeks, so for all of you in the queue, try to keep calm and leave it to me.  :)
Georgetown Ontario Family Photography

Georgetown Ontario Family Photography

Georgetown Ontario Family Photography

Georgetown Ontario Family Photography

Georgetown Ontario Family Photography

Georgetown Ontario Family Photography

Georgetown Ontario Family Photography

Georgetown Ontario Family Photography Christmas

Georgetown Ontario Family Photography Holiday


No comments:

Post a Comment